Quebec invited 512 skilled workers to apply for permanent selection on January 13.
The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) invited these immigration candidates to apply under the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
Invited candidates needed to have profiles in the Arrima pool with scores of at least 602 points and their occupation was on the list of 21 targeted occupations:
- NOC 0213 Computer and information systems managers
- NOC 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- NOC 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
- NOC 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- NOC 2173 Software engineers and designers
- NOC 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- NOC 2175 Web designers and developers
- NOC 2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- NOC 2281 Computer network technicians
- NOC 2282 User support technicians
- NOC 2283 Information systems testing technicians
- NOC 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 3233 Licensed practical nurses
- NOC 3413 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 4031 Secondary school teachers
- NOC 4032 Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
- NOC 4214 Early childhood educators and assistants
- NOC 5131 Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations
- NOC 5223 Graphic arts technicians
- NOC 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
- NOC 6221 Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade
The latest draw is Quebec’s first of the year. In 2021, a total of 3,564 candidates were invited to apply for permanent selection by the province through Arrima.
What is the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program?
The Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program is for skilled workers who are more likely to establish themselves economically in the province. The program is popular among skilled workers and international graduates who wish to immigrate permanently to Quebec to work.
Candidates who are invited to apply for permanent selection have a maximum of 60 days to submit their application and pay processing fees. Quebec aims to process complete applications within six months, starting on the date all the required information has been received. This includes all forms and documents.
If successful, candidates will get a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ or Quebec Selection Certificate). They can then use this document to apply for permanent residence to the Canadian federal government.
Those who wish to settle in Quebec, are assessed under a different system than applicants who want to settle somewhere else in Canada. Quebec’s immigration programs are managed by the province and are distinct from Canada’s federal programs.
Quebec admission targets for 2022
In October 2021, Quebec released its immigration admission targets for 2022. Most newcomers are expected to come through the province’s economic immigration programs, including the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) and the Québec experience program (PEQ).
The plan calls for the admission of 49,500 to 52,500 immigrants in 2022 across all immigration categories, as well as an additional 18,000 admissions to reach the admission levels that were not met by the federal government in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that more than 70,000 newcomers could be admitted to the province of Quebec in 2022.
If you received an invitation to apply for a Quebec Selection Certificate, you may email email@example.com to learn about the next steps regarding your application.
© CIC News All Rights Reserved. Visit CanadaVisa.com to discover your Canadian immigration options.